- If you are interested in being a Substitute in our District for the 2020/2021 School Year (Teacher, Teacher Assistants, Clerks, Custodians, Secretaries, Food Service), please apply to SchoolSpring via this link: Substitute Application
- Complete the forms to the right of this page and contact Karen Augusto, Executive Secretary to the Superintendent to set up an appointment to bring completed forms to the office. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Review the presentation at the bottom of this document and confirm that you have reviewed the presentation: Substitute Orientation Presentation Acknowledgement
- Set up your appointment to have your fingerprints taken. The code you must use for Westport is 03310000.
- MorphoTrust USA IndentoGo™ Massachusetts Registration Website
- Go to http://www.identogo.com/FP/Massachusetts.aspx
- Click the Online Scheduling link.
- To see a complete list of MorphoTrust USA IdentoGo™ enrollment centers in Massachusetts, click on the Locations link.
- To access online resources, click on Forms & Links
Substitute Employment Qualifications and Pay Rates
Please note, if you are not qualified for the position you are requested to substitute for, you must turn down said position. If you are qualified but your documentation is NOT on file, you must turn in your documentation prior to substituting for said position. You may not accept a job if you are not qualified to substitute for it. Thank you.
Due to changes under the Affordable Care Act, all substitutes will move from a per diem rate of pay to an hourly rate of pay effective the November 27, 2015 payroll. Please note the following changes:
- Sub Teachers – Certified ($106 daily rate – 1/1/21) $16.30/hour
- A copy of Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education Teaching License (in any subject) must be on file.
- Sub Teachers – Non-Certified ($95 daily rate – 1/1/21) $14.68/hour
- Preference given to Substitute Teachers who have a minimum of sixty (60) college credits (the equivalent of an associate’s degree). Transcripts or copy of diploma must be on file in Human Resources before substituting.
- Substitute Paraprofessionals and Teacher Assistants -$13.50 per hour.
- Substitute Paraprofessionals and Teacher Assistants must have a minimum of a high school diploma or G.E.D. A copy of the diploma must be on file in Human Resources before substituting.
- Sub Nurse – RN ($132 daily rate) $20.38/hour
- Substitute Nurses must have a valid current nursing license prior to substituting and it must be on file in Human Resources.
- Sub Custodians $13.50/hour
- Substitute Custodians must have a minimum of a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Sub Food Service $13.50/hour
- Substitute Food Service Workers must have a minimum of a high school diploma or G.E.D. A copy of the diploma must be on file in Human Resources before substituting. Prior food service experience is also helpful.
- Sub Skilled Office $14.50/hour
- Substitute Clerks who have prior secretarial experience must have a minimum of a high school diploma or G.E.D. They also must have a current resume showing clerical experience listed with phone number to verify references. A copy of the diploma and resume must be on file in Human Resources before substituting.
- Sub Clerical $13.50/hour
- Substitute Clerks who do not have prior experience as a secretary must have a minimum of a high school diploma or G.E.D. A copy of the diploma must be on file in Human Resources before substituting.
In addition to these requirements, a current CORI (Criminal Offender Record Information) must be completed every year, as well as a Background Check.
Westport Community Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Westport Community Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
Westport Community Schools complies with all local, state, and federal laws.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any programs or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)
If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing-cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail as U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Ave., S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9420, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at email@example.com.
Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish).
USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
*All appointments are conditional based on a satisfactory CORI and SAFIS Background Check per 603 CMR 51.00. *
- Substitute Emergency Form
- Substitute Registration 2021-2022
- Substitute Teacher Job Description
- W-4 2021 Form
- CORI 2021-2022
- I-9 Form.pdf.
- Social Security Administration
- Direct Deposit Form
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Staff Boundaries 21-22
- AHERA Notification Letter
- DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY RESPONSIBLE USE POLICY
- Massachusetts Ethics Law Acknowledgement Form
- Handbooks Acknowledgment Form