School Business Administrator, Director of Transportation & Food Services
Michelle A. Rapoza
Westport Jr. Sr. High School LATE BUS
Late buses will be Wednesday's and Thursdays
beginning February 28, 2018 through Thursday May 25, 2018.
There are two late buses that will cover two sections of town.
Bus stops will NOT be at student homes. Bus stops will depend on the students requiring transportation.
Bus stops will be at corners of connecting streets. Late bus routes are listed below.
The late bus on Wednesday's will leave the Jr. Sr. High School at 4:30 p.m.
The late bus on Thursday's will leave the Jr. Sr. High School at 3:30 p.m.
Student riding time may be longer than one hour. Late buses are not held to the required one hour riding limit.
Any questions, please contact the Jr. Sr. High School at 508-636-1050
or the Transportation Department at 508-636-1140.
Bus Stop Reminder
Students in grades 3 and above can be dropped off at their stops without an adult being present!
Students in grades Kindergarten to 2nd grade, MUST have an adult present in order for the student to be dropped off at their stop. If no adult is present the student will be returned back to their school.
-As the school year begins, please wait until the school bus comes to a complete stop before entering and exiting.
-Students are not allowed to be dropped off to friends houses after school. Alternate transportation is made available to students & families for daycare purposes only!
-If you should have any bus issues, please contact the your child's Principal. Bus drivers are not allowed to have conversations with parents/guardians regarding bus issues.
-Please DO NOT park, drop off or pick up students in the front of the school buildings. This area is for buses/vans and emergency vehicles only. If parked in that area, vehicles may be towed at the owners expense.
Thank you for working with us to provide a safe environment for our students/staff and visitors!
Have a safe school year!
Please do not hand bus notes or bus change forms to bus drivers!
All notes and bus change forms must be distributed directly to the appropriate schools for your child's safety!
2017-2018 BUS ROUTES
Bristol Aggie Morning Bus
Bristol Aggie students will be picked up at the Westport Elementary School @ 380 Old County Road behind the Westport Middle School for the upcoming 2017-2018 school year. Bus fee for Bristol Aggie students is
After School Library Information (offered to Grades 7 to 12)
Library forms for the 2017-2018 school year are located under "Forms and Documents" to the right side of this page. Forms must be filled out and returned to your child's school. There is a 24 hour window before your child can start the Library Program. Students must be picked up no later than 4:45 PM.
The Library Program will begin Monday, October 2, 2017. Students will ride bus #16 from the Jr. Sr. High School to the Library.
SCHOOL BUS SAFETY TIPS
1. A responsible person MUST be at the bus stop for students in Grades K-2. Parents must notify the school office in writing as to whom they have determined to be the responsible person that will be at the bus stop to receive the K-2 students.
2. If a responsible person is not at the bus stop to receive a K-2 student, the student will be brought back to the school. The school will contact the parents to arrange for pick up.
IF A STUDENT IS BROUGHT BACK TO SCHOOL:
-After 2 times; the student will lose bus privileges for a week,
-After 3 times; the student will lose bus privileges for 2 weeks, a DCF report (51A) may be filed and the student's privileges will not be restored until the student's parent or guardian has met with the Principal/Assistant Principal and the Director of Transportation to ensure that the student will have a responsible person at the bus stop to meet the K-2 student on a daily basis.
Messages to the kids:
1. Never cross close to the front of the bus – make sure the driver can see you.
2. Never pick up anything you drop close to or under the bus – ask the driver what to do.
3. Never run after a bus or bang on the side.
4. If you must cross the street in front of the bus, follow the driver’s directions, and stop and look before you cross.
5. Never run across a street, it’s better to miss the bus than rush and risk being hit by a car.
6. Stay away from the rear and sides of the bus – always be in a safe place where the driver can see you.
7. FOOD is NOT ALLOWED on buses due to students with food allergies! Students caught eating would be immediately dismissed of bus riding privileges!
Messages to the motoring public:
1. Never pass a school bus when its stop lights are flashing.
2. Be extra vigilant around school hours – assume a child might run out at any moment.
3. Be courteous to school buses, give them room and let them change lanes when they need to.
Transportation Evacuation drills are mandated to be conducted 2 times per year to provide training for the students for safe ways to evacuate buses in case of an emergency.
Urgent Message! - FOOD ON SCHOOL BUSES
There is NO food allowed on school buses!
At the beginning of the school year Westport Community Schools informed ALL parents that students caught eating on the school bus would be immediate grounds for dismissal of bus privileges! Some students still continue to eat on the bus without being aware that some foods may contain allergens that may cause Anaphylaxis - a severe, potentially fatal allergic reaction.
Although nearly any food is capable of causing an allergic reaction, only eight foods account for 90 percent of all food-allergic reactions in the United States. These foods are:
School District Policies:
EEAD-R, Student Conduct on Buses
EEAEC-R, Student Conduct on School Buses
JICC, Student Conduct on Buses
EEAE, School Bus Safety Program
EE, Student Transportation
EEAB, Bus Scheduling and Routing
JLCF-R, LIFE-THREATENING ALLERGY POLICY
Non-Discrimination Statement (April 1, 2018)
"It is the policy of the Westport Community Schools to maintain a learning and working environment that is free from harassment,
violence or discrimination based on actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex/gender, marital status,
homelessness, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, family care leave status, pregnancy or any condition related to
pregnancy, or military/veteran status."
2017-2018 Bus Routes
Preliminary Bus Routes are now available below. If you do not see your child's bus stop, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.