Below is the Docusign link to complete if you are enrolling a new student into the district. The document will explain what forms are needed to submit. If you need help completing the enrollment paperwork, please contact the appropriate school.
Enrolling in Westport Community Schools - Important Information for Parents
The Town of Westport offers students an excellent education at their four public schools, beginning with pre-kindergarten and continuing through high school. To attend Westport Community Schools, students must be full-time residents of the Town of Westport.
Before students can be enrolled in any Westport public school, parents or legal guardians must provide the following information (our staff will photocopy these documents for you):
- The student’s birth certificate with seal (original, no photocopy)
- Proof of health insurance coverage or health insurance ID card
- Three forms establishing proof of residency (please refer to the acceptable proofs of residency chart)
Additional documents that may be required:
- Proof of legal guardianship, if appropriate
- Copies of current custody agreements, if custody is shared by adults living at different addresses
- Copies of current restraining orders
- Any additional court documents that currently apply to the student
The sending school must provide the following records:
- Massachusetts Department of Education Transfer Card
- Health immunization records from the school nurse and/or physician
- Academic records, including coursework, grades and credits to date of withdrawal
- Attendance records
- Discipline records, including in-school suspensions, out-of-school suspensions and expulsions
- Individual Education Plan (IEP) or 504 Plan
If you have any questions about the enrollment process, please contact the school that your child plans to attend.
During the school year, our offices are open from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. During the summer and holiday vacations, our offices are open from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Student Accident Medical Insurance Plan
For the 2022-2023 school year, the student accident insurance plans will be underwritten by AXIS Insurance Company, which is rated A+ (Superior) by AM Best. In addition, all aspects of the insurance relationship, including claims, continue to be handled by Lefebvre Insurance located in Wrentham, MA. This provides parents with just one office to contact for all matters.
Please click the link below for the Student Accident Insurance application and all information you may need regarding the student accident insurance. Please fill out the application form and return it, with your payment, to the Lefebvre Insurance Company within 15 days from the earliest effective date.
Should you have any questions or if hardcopies of these forms are required, do
not hesitate to contact Mr. Thomas Lefebvre at Lefebvre Insurance office by dialing
(800) 451- 9668, or emailing him directly at: email@example.com.
WESTPORT COMMUNITY SCHOOLS 2022-2023 Student Insurance Brochure and Forms