Start Em Young
Dear Parents and Guardians
We know the last few years have been difficult on many of our students and families. There was a drastic reduction in the opportunities that our students had to access to outside of the standard school day and we know how vital these opportunities are to their growth and social emotional well being.
That's why last year we started the Start Em Young Program.
This program is designed to provide additional opportunities in arts, enrichment, and sports. This program got started last year with an emphasis on grades 1-4 and the numbers of students who took part was incredible!
We have some great news....
We are expanding the “Start Em Young” enrichment program to the Middle School!
This year we have already started at the MS with Flag Football, Field Hockey, and Pep Band.
At the WES we have Basketball, Lacrosse, and Field Hockey.
Overall we have over 160 students taking part in Start Em Young activities this fall.
Important things to note:
- The sessions run for 8 weeks at a time so be on the lookout for new activities being rolled out this winter and spring.
- We will post the link to register on the website once our next set of activities are announced.
Start ‘Em Young Enrichment Team
- Can my child participate in both offerings?
- What if my child is in Kindergarten can they register?
- What does Start ‘Em Young cost us?
- Will there be transportation provided by WCS to bring my child home after practice?
- My child is enrolled in the Extended Day program. Will they be able to participate?