The mission of Westport Jr./Sr. High School is to educate all students to become 21st century learners, to seek and value knowledge, and to emerge as productive citizens in a global community.
- All students can learn
- Students learn best in a safe, supportive, and equitable environment
- Tolerance of individual differences and cooperative resolution of conflicts create a climate of respect
- Inquiry and collaboration help students actively engage in the curriculum
- Essential understanding is demonstrated through effective communication
- Personal responsibility for behavior and learning leads to success
- Collaboration among all stakeholders maximizes achievement